One Shot of Wheatgrass Juice
- One ounce contains 103 vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- One ounce of wheatgrass juice represents as much nutritional value as approximately 2.5 pounds of fresh green vegetables.
- Wheatgrass juice is high in chlorophyll.
- It is very high in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E and K.
- Wheatgrass juice is a natural source of laetrile (B-17).
- It contains beta-carotene, which is found in red, green and yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables. Beta-carotene acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing naturally through the body or through toxins inhaled from cigarette smoke, air pollution and other damaging sources.
- Wheatgrass cleanses, purifies and feeds the body by activating the white blood cells, which boost the body’s immune system.
- Wheatgrass juice is also beneficial for people who need to lose weight or cleanse their bodies.
Definitely going to start adding this to my green smoothies in the morning.
I need this in my morning smoothies as well!
I love wheatgrass, so please take note that in order to fully release its juices, you need a masticating juicer!
Other fun wheatgrass facts:
- It’s a natural, non-addictive stimulant.
- It’s not recommended for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities.
- Some people add cayenne to the top of their juice to allow for quicker nutrient retrieval.
- It does not stay well in the fridge and loses its nutrients quickly. However, if you juice a flat of wheatgrass and need to keep it longer than a few hours, you can freeze it in two ounce containers or ice cube trays and add it to your smoothie.
- It’s really cheap and easy to grow your own wheatgrass. Talk to your local health food store or juice bar to buy seeds locally, or try buying wheatberries online. You can grow wheatgrass to juicing status in a week, so long as you have adequate light. Cut the grass before it’s reached 7 inches or so or it will topple over. Do not juice the regrowth! It has an extreme loss of nutrients. Instead, add the dirt and grass mixture to your compost.
- Add wheatgrass to a limade or lemonade drink for a yummy twist!
- I also like adding it to beet and blueberry smoothies with apple juice bases. The sweetness counteracts the bitterness.
- I recommend taking a shot and having an orange slice chaser ;)